Thursday, January 10, 2013

UPDATED: Candlelight Vigil

UPDATE: PICTURES FROM THE VIGIL
 
 
Jason & I Praying
OpenOurEyesPhotography
 
Handing out Prayer Balloons
OpenOurEyesPhotography
 
Jesse - a former Student of mine, and his mom Sherri
"This candle burns for Polina. Please let her come home to her family."
 
Photo from Peoria, South Africa
 
Polina's Granny & Papa
participated from California
 
Children Praying for Children=Powerful!
 
Tyler prayed, "Please give Polina to her Mommy!"
 
 
 
 
Candlelight Vigil
Mary Mae Elementary Cafeteria
102 & C St in Bentonville
Saturday, Jan. 12th
6:30-8:00 CST

IF YOU PARTICIPATE FROM HOME, PLEASE COMMENT WITH LOCATION AN PICTURE IF POSSIBLE! 




This will be a time of community fellowship and prayer. The Russian people have shown my family so much support and offered to try and help Polina in so many ways. There are several families who will be travelling to Russia on Sunday without knowing if they will be bringing their children home. We are not scheduled to travel until the end of the month, but want to show support to the other families as well as the Russian Citizens who will be holding a protest against the adoption ban on Sunday. Also, the Russian Gov’t and the Dept. of Education (like DHS) representatives from each region will be meeting on Monday.


If you would like to come support us and the 740,000+ orphans in Russia, we would love to have you! Feel free to spread the word!

5 comments:

  1. Hi: I have followed your story and I pray for you. I am American and an adoptee (domestic). I also have a son with severe autism-so we have some links. I know your son is more lightly affected, but I am sure that you have taught children similar to my son. I am homeschooling him and I hope I have your prayers too! ( he is 17).
    In any case, I just wanted you to know that you have international support and I hope that Polina will be with you-against these odds-by Easter time. I see that there was a Russian protest yesterday per the news. I hope this means that a resolution will come for you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog and praying for you! My heart breaks for you and your family but even more so for Polina and all those orphans! Thank you for sharing your story and giving me the opportunity to pray for you (and Polina) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kendra,
    I hope you've heard already that russian supreme court today made a decision to let all the kids (whose adoptions had been cleared in court in 2012) go to their american families.
    Wish you all the best, Gala K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm from Russia. I would like to say SORRY instead of our government.

    ReplyDelete